Friday, October 8, 2010

Colleenie Ghoulie #2


Welcome back little demons! So, you want to see what I’m going to serve up this week? I know some of you mentioned clowns, don’t worry, this is a clown free zone! This week I’m highlighting the 1973 film, Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark. This film really used the less is more theory. You only got quick glimpses of the little creatures and the creepiest thing was the whispering. The little door always freaked me out. I did watch this flick on DVD a couple of years ago and it really wasn’t scary at all. Everyone I know who saw this when they were little, though, always remembers it very well. The funny thing is, when I watched it recently, I thought I could check it off my list as movies that no longer scare me. Then, I find out it’s being remade by Guillermo del Toro. That’s not fair. Take a peak at how creepy this trailer is. It looks like there’s sleepless nights in my immediate future.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Great stuff. Only recently saw Don't be afraid of the dark and thought it was a fun film. I liked the concept and it worked nicely in the conventions of a spooky, haunted house-type flick. But I think there's room for improvement so hopefully the remake will be good.