Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Song of the Week

Just Don’t want To Be Lonely – The Main Ingredient
Everyone knows, “Everybody Plays the Fool” but I always felt this song takes the trio to a new level. First it’s as classic, old-school soul as you can get. Every great soul song has talking in it and this song delivers that right off the bat. I smile every time this song comes on because it reminds me of when my son was little. He used to refer to it as, “The Lonely Song.” Even on the classic soul radio stations, this doesn’t get enough airplay. Maybe it’s a good thing, because I still get very excited when this song comes on. If you think you don’t know this song, you probably have just forgotten, so treat yourself to a spin. If you really never heard it, add it to your list of all-time great slow jams.

No comments: