Monday, September 14, 2009

Jay Leno


Well Leno couldn’t have asked for a better premiere episode. To snag Jerry Seinfeld was one thing, but to have already booked Kayne West and then to have the VMA controversy the evening before, it almost seemed planned.

As a show, Leno brought nothing new and I don’t think NBC wants him to. I can’t say I wish Leno the best. Frankly, I would like his show to crash and burn. He had his day in the sun and he needs to step aside. He’s over saturating the night-time talk show market.

I have thoroughly enjoyed Conan in the earlier Tonight Show time slot and I don’t want Leno to sour audiences away.

I also don’t want this to become a trend. If you’re going to have writers coming up with jokes for all these TV hosts, couldn’t they band together to revive the sitcom? This is exactly why viewers are turning to cable. I really have to rework my budget and get my premium cable turned back on.

No comments: