Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ellen on Idol


I just heard the news that Ellen Degeneres will sit in Paula Abdul’s empty seat on the upcoming season of American Idol.

An odd choice, to say the least. At least they chose someone extremely likable. I’m sure some will tune in solely to see how Ellen fits in with a singing competition.

I’m disheartened that producers of the show could not come to an agreement with Abdul. It’s really a mirror of the state of the country these days. It’s all about the bottom line and corporations fail to see the worth in individuals. The, “Your lucky to have a job,” mentality is even prevalent in Hollywood!

Idol is such a juggernaut in the ratings it’s improbable to think they’ll be impacted by Paula’s departure, but I hope they are, if not this season, but over time.

Yes, I’ll watch. My main concern was the lost of nice factor and I think that’s where the choice of Ellen comes in to play. You know she’s not going to be mean to anyone. She’ll be the mama bear to replace Paula’s cougar mama!

Don’t get too big for your britches Idol! Remember the viewing audience will drop you too, in a heartbeat, just like you did Paula, and they won’t look back.

No comments: