Monday, June 1, 2009

Song of the Week



I’d like to introduce my first regular feature. Every Tuesday, I’ll post a new/old song as my Song of the Week. Not to toot my own horn, but I feel I have awesome taste in music. This weekly feature will focus on a song you may have never heard, or one that you forgot about. Often, I find I like a song, only to become obsessed with it years later. I’m a “song stalker.” Once I zone in, I will hit the replay button over and over again. As an iTunes user, I’ll let you know if the song is currently available for download. Sometimes, though, I can’t help myself, and I must highlight a harder to find song. Seek it out; you won’t be sorry!

Bad Days – The Flaming Lips
Do not confuse this with “Bad Day” by Daniel Powter. The always obscure Flaming Lips probably came closest to pop success with this 1997 diddy. I heard this tune on the “Batman Forever” soundtrack and it was probably the only good thing to come out of that film. What an anthem for the working grunt. It doesn’t get better than lyrics about blowing up your boss! This is currently available on iTunes. If you’re familiar with this song, or if you download based on me, I’d love to hear your feedback. Sorry, I can’t promise to refund your 99 cents, but stay tuned for a continually eclectic array!

No comments: