Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Song of the Week






Go All the Way – The Raspberries
What a naughty little song from 1972. I inherited an extensive 45’s collection from my siblings (one of the perks of being the youngest) and this one probably belonged to my older brother. I remember putting this one on the turntable and thinking, “I probably shouldn’t be listening to this.” But in 1972, pop songs didn’t throw in an obligatory curse word or be extremely graphic in singing their tales. Instead we used our imagination to picture this sweet girl pleading her guy to go all the way. This is song that deserves a new listen. It actually still sounds great today and it is a great driving song to roll down the windows and crank it! I always thought this song should have been in a movie, or at least in Eric and Donna’s consummation episode of “That 70’s Show.” After all these years, it’s still a pretty sexy song!

No comments: