Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien




So how's Conan doing as the new host of The Tonight Show? I, for one, couldn't be happier. I finally have my perfect late-night lineup. I can brush my teeth, hopefully remember to put on eye cream and hop in bed. First I start with The Daily Show - I can laugh alittle - Jon Stewart can drop some knowledge on me and then I can click right over to Conan. When Conan took over for Letterman, I was one of the few who believed he'd make it. I'm so happy that NBC followed through on their hosting switch this time. Yet, they always seem to muck it up somehow. I'm completely against Jay Leno having a 10 p.m. show five nights a week. What's up with that? He's had his day in the sun and now he needs to politely step aside.

It's great to see the whole band, Triumph and Andy Ritchter! The only suggestion I have is to bring Andy out from that podium and let him sit on the couch. He's got great banter with Conan, but there's a coldness with him so far away.

Check out this hilarious clip from the show and tell me if Conan isn't bringing the funny to late night television.

No comments: