Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The King is Dead - The Decemberists


Album Review
The newest album from The Decemberists is a bit like the old Decemberists. While I appreciated the creativity behind 2009’s The Hazards of Love, I simply didn’t have time in my life to devote to a concept album. I hope to really give it an intense listen someday soon and maybe I’ll do a back track review. The new album fits my listening style a bit more. I can take each song in its own little chunk. The album starts off strong with, Don’t Carry It All. This is probably the most radio friendly song on the album, but many others are beautiful gems. It’s funny that it was too much of a commitment for me to listen to the last album in its entirety, yet I feel this one can be played all the way through. Go figure. As strong as the album starts it lets go sweetly with Dear Avery.

*My favorite track – January Hymn

No comments: