Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Despicable Me - DVD Review



Originally, this film was not on my list at all. Over the years I’ve become quite picky about my animated films. Now with computer technology, studios seem to churn out tons of crap. Round up some celebrity voices and create some characters that you can make toys from and gosh darn, we have a movie! I kept confusing the plot of Despicable Me with Megamind and frankly, those minions looked like they would annoy me as much as Jar Jar Binks. You know though, when you go to one of those Redboxes, it’s hard to get just one movie. They’re only a buck for crying out loud. So last Friday I walked away with The Town, Red and Despicable Me.

I popped in Despicable Me first. It took awhile for me to get into which is sort of the kiss of death for a kid’s movie. The plot line was a bit involved for young ones. I flipped through my new issue of Entertainment Weekly and almost turned it off. Then I got to this scene where Gru reads a bedtime story to the kids. I laughed my butt off! After that they had me. The minions actually made me laugh and I found myself tearing up at the end. I might have to watch it again because I may have been slightly unfair to the first half. The story line was creative and the animation was fantastic in many scenes. Sure it’s no Toy Story, but that’s not a fair comparison. If my kids were still little, I’d buy this movie for them and I would happily watch the bedtime story scene again and again.

1 comment:

Mercy said...

My daughters (4 & 8) adored this movie.