Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Idol Chatter


So last week my cable was out and I missed the entire results show. I missed one of my faves, Lacey, being voted off. I missed David Cook’s performance of Jumpin’ Jack Flash. This week though, my cable connection was up and running. However, at 9pm I was sitting on my couch reading a book. Why on earth would I want to be reminded of all those horrendous performances from Tuesday night? And more importantly, why do I want to see Miley Cyrus, Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato? What am I 11? I guess they have to appeal to their teenybopper base, but honestly, I may have to call it a wrap for American Idol. Maybe they’ve been to well too many times. Think about it, we’ve had female idols, male idols, super young and even silver haired. We’ve had rockers, r&b, bar band dudes, beat boxers, gospel tinged and country and western crooners. Unless we’re looking for opera, I think we’ve pretty much covered our bases. Maybe it was a particularly bad week for me and someone like Crystal will totally blow me away next week and all will be forgiven. Or maybe I’ll start reading more books!

No comments: