Monday, January 3, 2011

What's Coming to The Couch?


As you can see, it’s nice on the couch!

Well it’s been an interesting year for Colleenie’s Couch. I visually revamped the site and definitely posted more than ever. I realize now that it would be wise to schedule blog posts ahead of time for the holidays. Oh, well. Since I can’t go back, I guess I’ll just move forward. I have tons of reviews backlogged and new things to look forward to.

I’ll be continuing my weekly Tuesday feature, Song of the Week. If you’re new to the couch, each week I like to highlight an old or lesser known song that you may want to give a spin. In 2011, I do hope to do more album reviews. It’s not something I have much experience with writing, but I’d like to give it a shot.

I’ll be rolling out some brand new features too, like: Can You Believe That I haven’t Seen… This new monthly feature will focus on films I’ve never seen. As a big film buff, I try to see so many films and sometimes, for various reasons, some seem to slip away. I will watch, review and hopefully supply a good excuse for what took me so long. First up for January - The Shawshank Redemption. I know, I know, you can’t believe it!

Also in the movie category, look for Maybe You Missed. This new feature will spotlight big stars in smaller, great movies, that may have slipped under your radar.

The Saturday Wrap Up will focus on you. I’ll highlight some of my favorite and relevant blog picks for the week, so look for your great posts there.

Sitcom Breakdown will highlight some of my all-time cherished shows in a dying genre.

Lastly, of course, my regular reviews of movies, books, TV, music and all of my strange musings. I hope to build a stronger community with my readers in 2011. I look forward to your input and opinions and I hope you’ll be having a seat on my couch on a regular basis!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm looking forward to your movie spotlight. I used to go at least once a week and had planned on that being a regular feature on my blog but I just haven't been that interested in much this past year. I hope that changes for 2011