Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Falling Off the Couch

Well I did fall off my couch for awhile. My brain is constantly spinning with reviews and things to recommend to all, but I seriously lacked “butt in the chair” time. You guys know how it is. Sometimes it all snowballs. I’ve crawled back on up and I’m ready to roll again!

I have to be honest; the economy has hit everyone hard, including yours truly. Even simple entertainment, like taking in a flick with the family, can add up to a large chunk of change.

Recently, my family went to see Disney’s A Christmas Carol, and the total ticket price for five was $57.50!

Still, I’m trying to keep up on music, TV, books and films. Once the kids are back in school, the reading thing gets difficult too! I did read a good chunk of books over the summer that I didn’t review yet, so I can hook you up with those.

Even when I’m not blogging, I’m thinking about great things for my blog. 2010 is going to be a fabulous year for Colleenie’s Couch. In the next couple of week’s I’ll be unveiling some new regular features, so check back often so you don’t miss anything!

First up, next year will bring Idol Chatter, the best place to talk about American Idol. Last year I was honored to be one of six panelists to blog about American Idol for my local newspaper The Contra Costa Times. I had a blast and now I’m accustomed to my opinions going live as soon as the telecast wraps. I’m hoping some of you out there will join me in rooting for your favorites and blasting the appallingly horrific. With the addition of Ellen and the departure of Paula, I’m sure we’ll all have lots to talk about!

No comments: