Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Song of the Week - I Put a Spell on You/She & Him



I was thinking of Zooey Deschanel all day because New Girl is back on tonight! My thoughts turned sad though when I heard the announcement this afternoon that she and Death Cabie Cutie frontman, Ben Gibbard, are ending their two year marriage.

On a brighter note, I purchased the new She & Him Christmas album with my birthday iTunes card! I haven't listen to it yet because it's WAY to early for Christmas songs. It's nice to know it's there when I'm ready though.

For now I'm still digging their regular tunes, like this one. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Runs Like A Gay said...

Sorry, couldn't make it to the end. Does that make me a bad person?

Colleen said...

I realize they are an "acquired" taste. I love their folksy-alternative groove. If you weren't digging it I hope you didn't hear her scream, or was that when you had enough?

Castor said...

She & Him are all right now and then but this is certainly not going to appeal to folks who have never given them a chance.

Colleen said...

You are right Castor! I had a hard time finding a clip and then I remembered this recent performance on Conan. It's also a well known song so I thought people might dig the different take. In retrospect, I don't think they will.