Sunday, May 2, 2010

Conan on 60 Minutes


Any readers to this blog know how I feel about this whole Conan/Leno situation. NBC went right back and did the same thing to Conan that they did to Dave. When you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it, right? I don't like to make judgements on people I don't know. Conan is a bigger person than I by not openly telling it like is is when it comes to Jay. I grew up with Johnny Carson and he was such a giving entertainer. He would step aside often and let others guest host, hell that's how Leno got the gig. Leno has been so greedy the entire time he's headed The Tonight Show and that is what sits poorly with me. Also, a year after Leno took over, Letterman was winning the 11:30 time slot, but NBC gave him time and it eventually worked out. Basically, I watched Conan everynight. I would only watch Leno if Harrison Ford was on. Now, a guest lineup of Ford, Richard Gere and Robert Downey Jr. wouldn't get me to click over to this egomanic. I will cool my heels and wait for Conan and Andy Ritcher's return on TBS.

No comments: