Sunday, August 9, 2009

2012


I have a short little rant here. I believe in freedom of speech and Sony Pictures has the right to make any movie they want. John Cusack has the right to star in this flick, and you, the movie paying audience, has the right to run and see it on November 12th.

What I want to know is, who the hell thought it would be a good idea to pair this trailer with Harry Potter? Are they also sending reps from Sony Pictures to calm down all the kids when they’re freaking out? C’mon, what were they thinking?

I really don’t care that Harry Potter is rated PG-13. We are not stupid. Everyone knows there are a slew of eight and nine years olds in the audience and you have successfully scared the crap out of them.

I personally found the trailer quite disturbing. The special effects are top-notch, which makes it all the more real when historic landmarks are collapsing and crushing people all over the world. I have no plans to see this movie. I’m not into the “we’re all gonna die” genre. Usually, if I’m plunking down $10 bucks for a movie ticket, I want to be entertained.

It was poor taste and bad judgment to attach this trailer to not only Harry Potter, but a summer flick in general. How am I supposed to gear my kids up for back-to-school when they think we’re all going to die away? Thanks for making my job a million times harder Sony Pictures!

No comments: